Orono township was created in 1889 and incorporated in 1955. Orono is located approximately 15 miles west of downtown Minneapolis on the north shore of Lake Minnetonka. The total area of the city is 24 square miles; land area 16 square miles, with 8 square miles of lakes. Orono's population is 7,437 based on the 2010 Census. The name, Orono, adopted from the township and village of the same name in Maine, was suggested by citizens who had come to Minnesota from that state.
For more information on the Orono School District: https://orono.k12.mn.us/
For more information on the Orono Police Department: http://www.ci.orono.mn.us/police
For more information on the City of Orono: http://www.ci.orono.mn.us/