Feng Shui is the ancient art of creating harmonious positive energy flow.
We almost always feel better in a beautiful, balanced space, and when we feel good that’s already a step in the right direction to health, wealth, and happiness some say.
Here are some tips from GoodHousekeeping.com to help transform your Living Room into a calm, welcoming retreat:
1. Determine the purpose for the living space by deciding if it will be used for quiet relaxation or hanging out with friends and family.
2. Choose harmonious colors, textures, and shapes that balance the five elements of earth, wood, metal, water, and fire.
3. Place the couch facing the entrance of the living room, welcoming people as they come into the room.
4. Create clear pathways, eliminating furniture if needed.
5. Balance lighting with a mix of natural sunlight and artificial sources.
6. Open windows when possible, and decorate with living plants.
7. Minimize or eliminate clutter.
Now sit back, relax, and enjoy your little retreat.