Moving can be a bit overwhelming. OK, a lot overwhelming. By planning and organizing, you can ensure a smooth, hassle-free move. Here’s a checklist to guide you through the process:
- Inform utility companies early, then follow up and confirm.
- If you have services other than water and electric that are specific to the address, such as internet and cable, make arrangements to either cancel or transfer to your new home.
- Complete an online change-of-address form with the Post Office to have your mail forwarded to the new home.
- Before packing, sort through your belongings and donate or sell items you no longer need, use, or wear.
- Pack efficiently, labeling each box with its contents and the room where it should be placed at its destination.
- Be kind and clean the old house thoroughly before you leave. Your next owners will thank you.
- Reach out to the utility companies and other services, such as trash pickup for the new home.
Enjoy the transition and make your new house a home.